Visit someone’s office?a professor, a professional person?and observe the office carefully.
Create a 250-500-word verbal sketch of the room’s layout. (This could be a bullet list, table, or any creative way of presenting the sketch of the room).
- Notice the placement of the desk to the door.
- Notice the placement of artifacts such as photos, paintings, tools, paper, and equipment.
- Notice the general tidiness of the room.
- Notice the choice of colors and textures and the kinds and quality of objects in the room.
- Notice whether there is a view.
- Notice the size of the room and the amount and kind of lighting in the room.
Write a 500-750-word paper to discuss the nonverbal language presented in the office. Include the following:
- What conclusions can you draw about this person, based on your perception of their office?
- Support your perceptions with information gleaned from your reading.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.