Explain the effects of the policy making process and its implementation within healthcare.
You are the newly hired health policy consultant with Ethan Enterprises, a local 501©3 nonprofit organization. Ethan Enterprises is focused on reducing health disparities related to accessing quality care in medically indigent communities. Part of your role as the new health policy consultant is to update and advise staff, board, volunteers, and coalition partners about policy developments.
For this task, you will need to develop a PowerPoint presentation with voiceover narration. The presentation will serve as the foundation for educating the stakeholders on the differences and similarities of fundamental health policy categorization (allocative and regulatory).
- Include in your presentation the purpose of allocative and regulatory health policies.
- Discuss examples of allocative and regulatory health policies.
- Analyze the impact that policy formulation, implementation, and modification have on allocative and regulatory health policies.
- Explain the relationship between health policies, health determinants, and health.
A PowerPoint presentation will provide brief and clear information on the required subject. Often, bullet points are utilized in a PowerPoint presentation; however, since your audience will be comprised of individuals with varied degrees of understanding, your presentation should be explicit and offer supporting evidence, including a reference list. Be sure to include voiceover narration on each slide (content slides). You may use either the record audio feature of PowerPoint or Screencast-O-Matic. The presentation should give the stakeholders enough information to understand the similarities and differences of allocative and regulatory health policy.
- Be creative and make your presentation informative with voiceover narration for each slide.
- Your presentation should include 4-6 relevant topics with two slides each.
- There should be a minimum of 5 recent sources (within the past 10 years) from scholarly journals.