Computer architecture is the combination of software and hardware that is organized in such a fashion as to deliver the machineâ€™s intended performance characteristics. Therefore, it is important for you to understand the basics.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Describe Von Neumann architecture and explain why it is important.
- Explain what a system bus is and why it is needed.
- Summarize the use of Boolean operators in computer-based calculations.
- Categorize the various types of memory and storage.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.