Assignment 5: Your Own Franchise, Part 2
Due Week 10 and worth 200 points
Use the same franchise you chose for Assignment 3 to complete this assignment.
Write an eight to ten (8-10) page paper in which you:
- Evaluate your legal rights as a franchisee to determine if they favor the franchisor or the franchisee, or both equally.
- Critique the financial obligations of franchisees for this specific franchise.
- Assess the market segments for this franchise, discussing why you believe these segments will work.
- List the factors involved in determining a site for your franchise.
- Identify the possible challenges you will face in your relationship with the franchisor (as the franchisee) and how those challenges will be addressed. Provide the rationale for the issues you presented.
- Evaluate the phase of the franchise to conclude what the next logical phase will be. Support your response.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic sources to support your answers. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the importance of trademarks, copyrights, patents, trade secrets, and the legal documents associated with franchise businesses.
- Assess the concepts, development, and importance of marketing a franchise business.
- Describe the importance of the franchisor-franchisee relationship.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in chain management and franchising.
- Write clearly and concisely about chain management and franchising using proper writing mechanics.