For this assignment, you will research Hispanic populations and the Lost Boys of Sudan, immigrant refugees. Create a 1250-1500-word essay based on your research.
According to the Pew Research Center (2016), the Hispanic population became the largest ethnic group in America, comprising 57 million people, or more than 18% of the population. In 2019, the population reached a record of 60.6 million in the U.S. (Pew Research Center, 2020). For this assignment, select 3 states that have the most Hispanic/Latinx populations. Name each state and discuss the Latinx/Hispanic population that is most represented in each state.
Part 1. Answer the following questions and/or discuss the following about your selected population:
- Describe health-related problems encountered by the poor and uninsured in your selected population.
- What socio-economic factors impact healthcare decision making and outcomes in your selected population?
- Discuss the cultural diversity that exists between and among immigrant populations and the implications for nurses
- How do cultural differences, language barriers, and poverty impact healthcare access for your selected population?
Part 2. Research the Lost Boys of Sudan and answer the followings questions:
- What are some health challenges a nurse may encounter refugees? Include in your answer communicable and non-communicable diseases you may find in this population.
- What are some cultural considerations a nurse should consider when caring for patients from this population?
- Explain the role of the nurse in providing resources when caring for members of this population.
Length: 1250–1500 words; answers must thoroughly address the questions clearly and concisely.
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These do not count towards the minimum word count for this assignment. Be sure to use Level 1 and/or Level 2 heading titles to separate the sections you discuss.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly sources to support your claims.
Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).
Filename: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the assignment number (for example, “RHall Assignment 1.docx”)