For this assignment, students will identify an ethical dilemma and write a position paper on an ethical topic a nurse may face in practice, education, leadership, health informatics technology, and/or with various nurse’s positions. Examples of ethical dilemmas can be found on the American Nurses Association (ANA) Ethics link : https://www.nursingworld.org/practice-policy/nursing-excellence/ethics/ethics-topics-and-articles/
- Identify a selected ethical dilemma that requires a masters prepared nurse to take a nursing position on.
- Describe the ethical dilemma and the impact on patients (clients), nursing practice, and the research process.
- Compose a research question related to the ethical dilemma.
- Formulate a position on this ethical dilemma
- Discuss one (1) advantage information technology may have on this ethical dilemma.
- The scholarly paper should be in narrative format, four (4) to five (5) pages excluding the title and reference page.
- Include an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion.
- Include level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper.
- Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’) and in a scholarly manner. To clarify: I, we, you, me, our may not be used. In addition, describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used.
- Include a minimum of four (4) professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old.
- APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).
- Submit the assignment to Turnitin prior to the final submission, review the originality report, and make any needed changes.
- Submit by the posted due date.