Description of the Paper
In this position paper, you as a prospective leader will hypothetically present why do you think a specific issue need to be addressed or discussed on our educational systems at a local/global level; i.e. lack of educational resources in schools. As a prospective leader you will utilize the five practices of exemplary leadership to analyze the issue (and /or) substantiate your rationale for a specific change in relation to that topic.
The issue/topic will be related to leadership, education, globalization, multiculturalism, and the social fabric of the country, concerning the successes, debates and/or controversies surrounding the issue/topic you choose. If you want to choose a different topic outside this list you need to get the instructor approval.
Like a debate, a position paper presents one side of an arguable opinion about an issue. The goal of a position paper is to convince the audience that your opinion is valid and defensible as a prospective leader who have to solve that issue.
Your job as a prospective leader in this paper is to take one side of the argument and persuade your audience that you have well-founded knowledge of how you are going to address that issue.Ideas that you are considering need to be carefully examined in choosing a topic, developing your argument, and organizing your paper. It is very important to ensure that you are addressing the topic from a transformational leadership perspective. It is important to support your argument with evidence from the class readings or other leadership resources.
To take a side on a subject, you should first establish the arguability of a topic that interests you. Ask yourself the following questions to ensure that you will be able to present a strong argument:
- What is the general topic?
- Why you are interested in this topic?
- Present a background information to identify the reader with what is going on?
- What are the two sides of the argument in relation to this topic? Or what is the issue that need to be solved?
- Are you personally interested in advocating to a specific approach to solve the issue? Or what is your leadership vision to solve a topic
- Present how you can solve this issue utilizing some of the exemplary leadership practices presented in Kouzes and Posner?
- Make sure to present how you will be considering the dimensions of ethical leadership either in: presenting the issue, analyzing the issue, or on the side you will take in your solution.
TOPIC: Single Parent Families
You can talk about how one of these issues affecting students success and how as a prospective leader you can help in reducing at risk students drop out.
Due by 11:30pm 12/9/2014