Evaluating a Speech Presentation
Use this speech to evaluate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y80oUprIDU
Write a short (two to three page, MLA style) evaluation of this speech, covering the following items.
1. Name, title, and/or position of speaker
2. Subject, date, and time of speech
3. Occasion for speech, including sponsoring group
4. Location of speech (describe the physical setting in detail)
5. Mode of presentation (impromptu, memorized, read from manuscript, extemporaneous, etc.)
6. Discussion of appropriateness and effectiveness of mode of presentation
7. Description and discussion of speakerâ€™s voice
8. Discussion of appropriateness and effectiveness of rate of speaking (including the use of pauses)
9. Discussion of appropriateness and effectiveness of loudness of presentation (including any problems with equipment, such as microphone noises)
10. Discussion of speakerâ€™s vocal variety.
11. Discussion of speaker articulation, enunciation, pronunciation, or dialect
12. Discussion of speakerâ€™s use of body language (including facial expressions, eye contact, movement, gestures, and appearance
13. Suggestions you would give this speaker for improving presentation skillsâ€¦.yes you may include suggestions!