Human Resource Management homework help
The Importance of Self-Care
Engaging in ongoing self-care is one of the most important, yet oftentimes overlooked, aspects of human services work. One challenge—known as compassion fatigue—affects helpers and caregivers of all types, and is a critical issue to address given the difficult situations that professionals can be faced with. Another challenge—known as burnout—can also negatively impact a professional’s ability to carry out their duties due to high levels of stress. In this first written assignment, you will read the assigned articles, What is Compassion Fatigue (Links to an external site.) and Burnout Prevention and Recovery (Links to an external site.), and consider the significance of self-care from multiple perspectives.
Part I: Self-Assessment
- To begin, please complete both the Compassion Fatigue Test(Links to an external site.) and the Burnout Self Test (Links to an external site.)
- After calculating your results, provide a one-to-two paragraph analysis of where you might need to integrate more self-care into your life and why, or provide a one-to-two paragraph analysis of your own potential vulnerabilities to either burnout or compassion fatigue.
Part II: Factors that Challenge Self-Care
- In two pages, discuss factors that adversely impact self-care for professionals in the human services field. The Jackson (2013) article from this week’s Recommended Resources provides some insight into this issue and may be helpful to read. These factors can include compassion fatigue, burnout, stress, high workload, personal concerns, or other pertinent considerations. Discussion of these issues must be supported by Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Resources(Links to an external site.) (e.g., research studies, literature reviews, professional critiques/articles, or professional websites ending in .gov or .org). Watch the Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial if you would like an overview of the research process and/or how to conduct a database search in the Ashford University Library.
Part III: Application of Self-Care Resources
- Lastly, in two pages, examine how you would support your own self-care in your role as a human services professional using the following resources:
- Supervision (being held accountable by supervisor while being supported in completion of tasks)
- Training (workshops, classes, or other methods of learning)
- Consultation (seeking professional guidance/advice from mentors and other professionals)
- Peer support (support and aid from colleagues/co-workers)
The Importance of Self Care paper
- Must be a minimum of four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center(Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two scholarly and/or credible resources.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources(Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Need your ASSIGNMENT done? Use our paper writing service to score good grades and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper