Assignment 2: Human Resource Strategy
Due Week 6 and worth 200 points
Use the Internet to research the Best Places to Work (http://www.greatplacetowork.com/). Select two companies from two different industries on the Fortune 100 list.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Compare and contrast the two (2) industries you have identified in terms of size, products, services, customers, economic and regulatory environment.
- Describe the mission, vision, values and core business practices of each of the companies you selected.
- Recommend tree to five (3-5) possible HR strategies that will support each organizationâ€™s mission, vision, values and core business practices for each company. Support your recommendations.
- Identify how your recommended HR strategies will promote a competitive advantage for each company within their industry. Provide a rationale for your position.
- Use at least four (4) academic quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate the different forms of business ownership to determine the optimal structure in different scenarios and the process for a business start-up.
- Integrate the core human resource management functions and considerations into viable recommendations to meet the organizationâ€™s operating requirements.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in contemporary business.
- Write clearly and concisely about contemporary business using proper writing mechanics.