Identifying Scientific Methods in Historical Psychology Research
For this Assignment, you will watch all five of the historical research videos (listed below), and then select one video to identify basic scientific methods used in psychology. Once you have selected your study (video), complete the Unit 2 Assignment Template (located in Course Documents), which will guide you through writing a cohesive paper. This Assignment will provide you with a connection between the major psychology studies and concepts.
Watch each of the following:
- Little Albert
- ASCH Conformity Experiments
- Harlow’s Monkey Experiments
- Bandura’s Bobo Doll
- Robber’s Cave Experiment
Next, select one the videos, and write a 2-4 page paper (not including Title and Reference pages) addressing the following points:
- Identify the historical research study (video) you selected from the list above.
- Summarize the results of this study and what implications it has with regards to human behavior and mental processes that you have learned about in Units 1-2.
- Describe what this study demonstrated about the scientific method using the information you have learned in Units 1-2.
- Identify the research method you see demonstrated in the study and explain your reasoning for choosing that method.
- Do you think this historical research was ethical or unethical? Explain your reasoning using American Psychological Association (APA) ethical guidelines described in your reading.
Writing Requirements and Assignment Guidelines
Your Assignment should be 2-4 pages, not including the title and reference pages, and should include the following elements:
- Title page: Provide your name, title of Assignment, course and unit number, and date
- Body: Answer the questions in complete sentences and paragraphs
- Reference Page: Sources in APA format
- Use Arial or Times New Roman 12 point font, double-spaced
- Use APA Formatting and Citation style
- If you need assistance with APA style, please visit the Writing Center.
This Assignment assesses the following Course Outcomes:
PS124-1: Identify basic scientific methods used in psychology as they relate to important historical research.
GEL-7.02: Apply ethical reasoning to ethical issues within the field of psychology.
Submitting Your Assignment
Use the provided Unit 2 Assignment Template. Save it in a location and with a name that you will remember. When you are ready to submit, select the Unit 2 Assignment Dropbox and upload your file. To view your graded work after your instructor has evaluated it, please visit your Gradebook