Work has already started on the planning phase of the Student Record System (SRS) for the School of Prosperity (SoP) and everyone is excited about this new system.
As the software architect of this project, you met with many users and stakeholders of the old system to determine the requirements of the new Internet-accessible SRS software system. Your meetings and requirement-gathering efforts resulted in an SRS Requirement Definition document that summarizes all of the requirements of the project.
One of your development team members was excited about this project and wanted to start working on it immediately. She therefore took the initiative and created a high-level business process activity diagram for the SRS system. You reviewed the activity diagram and found it to be a good foundation from which to create the SRS use case diagram and the SRS use case descriptions.
There is still work to be done to complete the Functional Modeling of the SRS. Your deliverables for this week’s Lab are the SRS use case diagram and two use case descriptions for the Maintain Class Records and the Register a Student for Classes use cases.
- SRS use case diagram
- Use case descriptions for the Maintain Class Records and Register a Student for Classes use cases
- Verfication and validation of your work
- Explanation of your work
STEP 2: Generate the Use Case Diagram
- Dowload the LabWeeklySubmissionTemplate. You are going to use this template for all of your Lab submissions throughout this course. This template is available in week1 Lab.
- Download the SRS Requirement Definition (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. and review it to prepare for your deliverables this week.
- Download the SRS Business Process Activity Diagram (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. and review it to prepare for your deliverables this week.
- Create the use case diagram for the SRS system using the Rational Software Architect software on the Citrix Lab environment . based on your review of the provided SRS Requirement Definition and SRS Business Process Activity Diagram, Pay attention to the possible need for Include and Extends relationships.
- 6. Using the LabWeeklySubmissionTemplate , copy and paste your SRS use case diagram into the template.
STEP 3: Complete the Use Case Descriptions
- Use the LabWeeklySubmissionTemplate complete use case descriptions for two major use cases in the SRS system based on your reviewof the provided SRS Requirement Definition and SRS Business Process Activity Diagram. These two major use cases are the Maintain Class Records and the Register a Student for Classes use cases..
STEP 4: Verify, Validate, & Explain Your Work
- Using the LabWeeklySubmissionTemplate, verify and validate your work
- Using the LabWeeklySubmissionTemplate, explain your work, the decisions you made to arrive at your proposed solution, and lessons learned.
STEP 5: Upload your LabWeeklySubmissionTemplate Document
Save the LabWeeklySubmissionTemplate MS Word document with the file name LabWeeklySubmissionTemplate_YourName and upload it to the Files section of the Course Menu.