Observation Paper Instructions
You will conduct an observation for at least 1 hour in a setting where a wide range of developmental stages are present (e.g., shopping mall, restaurant, church, etc.), integrate developmental concepts, integrate developmental theory, cite/reference your sources for course terminology, and use the following questions to guide your work:
- Where did you conduct your observation?
- What was the time and date that you completed your observation?
- Which developmental stages did you observe (infancy, childhood, adolescence, early adulthood, middle adulthood, late adulthood)?
- What characteristics did you notice about any developmental stage that you observed?
- Did you observe any individuals who might have been experiencing a transitional period? If so, explain.
- What types of interactions did you observe between similar developmental stages?
- What types of interactions did you observe between different developmental stages?
- Did you observe anything that seemed developmentally appropriate? What?
- Did you observe anything that seemed developmentally inappropriate? What?
- How did your observation align with a developmental theory?
- Any other noteworthy information?
Your paper must have a current APA title page, include at least 3 pages of text, be double-spaced, and be written in narrative format (not bullets or numbered responses).