Assignment Details (300 plus words) (4-7-2020)
Discuss 2 specific aspects of how the global business environment has affected your workplace or some other organization with which you are familiar. In your initial response, be sure to bring in concepts from our course such as globalization, economic growth, international business, ethics, barriers, and so on.
(2) Assignment Details (4-9-2020)
For this assignment, you will present organizational structure recommendations for your employer or for a different organization with which you are familiar. Choose an organization that is not yet global, and then prepare a 15-minute presentation using PowerPoint (about 15 slides) on your organizational structure recommendations (global, mixed, transnational, subsidiary, export, or others) and why you are making these recommendations. Be sure to incorporate concepts, such as communication or global strategy, from Units 1 and 2 into your presentation.
Please use the following layout for your PowerPoint presentation: (Speaker notes should be included as well as notes on the slides).
|Slide Number||Slide Topic|
|2||Introduction of Selected Company|
|3||Review of Globalization and Impact on Selected Company|
|4||Review of Global Organizational Structure Type|
|5||Review of Mixed Organizational Structure Type|
|6||Review of Transnational Structure Type|
|7||Review of Subsidiary Structure Type|
|8||Review of Export Structure Type|
|9||Presentation and Justification of Selected Organizational Structure|
|10||Structure for Selected Company of Selected Organizational Structure|
|11||Potential Barriers to Implementation (e.g., Social, Cultural, Economic, Political, and Others)|
|12||Role of Operations Managers in Selected Structure|
|13||Corporate Social Responsibility in Selected Structure|
|14||Methods and Tools in Selected Structure (e.g., Capacity Planning, Quality Tracking, Forecasting|
(3) Assignment Details (300 plus words) (4-7-2020)
As a manager, you may have the opportunity to work in a variety of organizations. Because of this, it is important to understand labor relations. Discuss the following:
- Provide a brief history of labor unions. What was the main purpose for unions when they were formed?
- Discuss the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act of 1989 (WARN). Provide at least 2 examples of the notification requirements under WARN.
- Discuss at least 2 landmark Supreme Court rulings that have helped shape labor practices today.
(4) Assignment Details (300 plus words) (4-9-2020)
Discuss the following in your main post:
- Discuss the purpose of the following:
- Sherman Act
- Clayton Act
- National Labor Relations Act (NLRA)
- Taft-Hartley Act
- There are many items that can be negotiated as a part of a collective bargaining agreement. Discuss 3 items that can be included in the negotiation and the laws that are associated with each one.