thorough legal review by the companyâ€™s attorneys. Upon final approval by the Corporate Governance Board, the policies will be adopted and placed into the Employee Handbook.
- Review the table of contents and relevant chapters in the Certified Information Privacy Professional textbook to find information about legal and regulatory drivers.
- Review the remaining course readings.
- Review the sample policies and procedures provided in Week 3.
- Find additional sources which provide information about the policy statements which should be covered in three policies for the Employee Handbook.
- Prepare briefing package with approval drafts of the three IT related policies for the Employee Handbook. Yourbriefing package must contain the following:
- Use a professional format for your policy documents and briefing package. A recommended format is provided in the assignment template file (see the recommended template under Course Resources).
- You must include a cover page with the assignment title, your name, and the due date. Your reference list must be on a separate page at the end of your file. These pages do not count towards the assignmentâ€™s page count.
- Common phrases do not require citations. If there is doubt as to whether or not information requires attribution, provide a footnote with publication information or use APA format citations and references.
- You are expected to write grammatically correct English in every assignment that you submit for grading. Do not turn in any work without (a) using spell check, (b) using grammar check, (c) verifying that your punctuation is correct and (d) reviewing your work for correct word usage and correctly structured sentences and paragraphs.
- Executive Summary
- â€œApproval Draftsâ€ for
- Acceptable Use Policy for Information Technology
- Bring Your Own Device Policy
- Digital Media Sanitization, Reuse, & Destruction Policy
As you write your policies, make sure that you address security issues using standard cybersecurity terminology (e.g. 5 Pillars of IA, 5 Pillars of Information Security). See the resources listed under Course Resources > Cybersecurity Concepts Review for definitions and terminology.