This week, please consider a work-related decision that will need to be made soon at your educational organization.
It should be:
- A decision you will need to make while working in education or a decision that an acquaintance who works in education will need to make.
- A decision where there are multiple options being considered.
- A decision that will involve multiple stakeholders like administrators, teachers, parents, the community, etc. These are just suggested stakeholders.
- A decision that will take significant time to make successfully.
- A decision that is a major concern to all involved because it will have consequences in areas such as staffing, finances, ethics etc. These are just suggested areas.
As you have learned thus far, professional standards, knowledge, skills, and attitudes will have a direct reflection on your area of specialization. Understanding the intricate details of these in your specialization will help you manage and address specific problems in diverse educational organizations. Does your discipline have a professional organization that sets standards for it? Go online to this organization’s website, Facebook, LinkedIn etc. and find examples of professional standards that apply to your discipline as well as knowledge, skills, and attitudes. Fill in the professional standards chart with your findings. Be sure to cite all the websites that you used in proper APA format. If you are not employed in education, you should use the area of education that an acquaintance works in and look up the professional standards, knowledge, skills, and attitudes for that area using appropriate websites and proper APA style.
Length: 1 completed decision-making chart and 1 completed professional standards chart.
References: The decision-making chart does not need references as it is a personal item. The professional standards chart requires you to give a reference for each website, Facebook page, LinkedIn page, etc. where you found information about the standards used in your area of specialization.